questions about the status LED under the power switch

Tajen Liang liang at occlusal.rutgers.edu
Mon Mar 18 08:53:32 AEST 1991

Hello!

We are experiencing some strange problems with our two-year-old
SGI-IRIS 4D/70GT.  When we reboot the system after installing a new
piece of software, the system won't boot and a "D" is displayed on
that status LED.  Meanwhile we get some OK messages on the ttyd1, but
nothing on the console (it is totally blank.)

Since we are quite poor, we do not have the service contract from SGI.
Is anyone on the net knowing what the "D" stand for?  Any
help/pointer/hint will be great appreciated.

-Tajen Liang