SGI C ANSI-complient or not???

David B.Anderson davea at quasar.wpd.sgi.com
Thu Mar 14 03:17:47 AEST 1991

In article <29042.27dd4bf4 at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> brownrigg at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>I keep seeing posts of people suggesting that the SGI c compiler is
>ANSI complient.  I must be missing something here, because the version
>we have on our new 4D/25 (and any other version for that matter) is so
>[<censored :-)>] K&R that it doesn't understand "void *" as a data type.

Best guess: you are still running release 3.2.

Release 3.3 cc understands void, void *.   ANSI C was first released
this year (for use with release 3.3).

Regards,
[ David B. Anderson  Silicon Graphics  (415)335-1548  davea at sgi.com ]
[``What can go wrong?''                           --Calvin to Hobbes]