Second release of Apple2e emulator avail for ftp

randy frank randy at tessa.iaf.uiowa.edu
Sat Mar 9 10:52:36 AEST 1991

	I have written a software only Apple //e emulator in C for
UNIX boxes. The emulator is an enhanced Apple//e with 128k and six 'disk
drives'.  This is the second release which includes the graphics version
and reworks the address parser into a state table.
	My Apple //e emulator has two versions.  The first
is a curses based text only program.  I've run it on SGI, encore,
A/UX 2.0 and RS6000s.  I believe it to be fairly compatable with most
UNIXs.  The other version uses SGI GL to do LORES and HGR graphics.  I have
run it on SGI and RS6000s.  It seems to work well on SGI and some bugs
in the IBM GL restricted its usefulness on the RS6000 (Although I hope
those disappeared in the released version of AIX).
	Now the hard news.  It is not incredibly fast.  On my 4D120GTX
it runs about 70% of a regular //e (GL version).  The curses program
is faster.

	The source to both versions is available via anonymous/FTP
from: isca01.icaen.uiowa.edu (128.255.19.175) in the directory:
//isca01/bbs/files2/unix/apple2

	Get the *.docs file, the *disks* file and one of the ap2e* files.
ap2e.tar.Z = curses version for most UNIX boxes.
ap2egl.tar.Z = SGI GL graphics versions of the program.

Note: You must provide your own Apple//e ROMs to use the emulator.

Enjoy...
--
rjf.
Randy Frank, Engineer                       |  (319) 335-6712