FAQ - starting a window stowed

David Demers demers at beowulf.ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 7 10:39:16 AEST 1991

This is probably a common question.  I have a PI and would like
to start some processes via user.ps, but have them come up
iconized first.  I suppose I could make them into toolchests,
but that's not really what I want.  Is there some kind of
-i flag that will allow this?  For example, I launch a couple
of xterms which rlogin to other machines.  The -iconic flag
seems to be ignored by 4sight

Example:
in user.ps, under /RestartActions

...	{ (xterm -geometry <whatever> -iconic -T "MyRhost" -e rhost.b ) forkunix }

when I start up, this window is not iconic, but opened.

I have been looking in the PI Owner's guide, 4sight programmer's guide,
4D user's guide, IRIS Graphics manuals without finding any indication
that it is possible to do this.

Thanks for any help.

Dave DeMers					demers at cs.ucsd.edu
Computer Science & Engineering	C-014		demers%cs at ucsd.bitnet
UC San Diego					...!ucsd!cs!demers
La Jolla, CA 92093-0114	  (619) 534-8187,-0688  ddemers at UCSD