A problem with pmake

Dennis Linse djlinse at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 13 08:37:03 AEST 1991

In article <7009 at idunno.Princeton.EDU> I wrote:
>I've been using pmake(1) on our Personal Iris for several months now
>with no problems under Irix 3.2.2.  I updated to 3.3.2 this week and
>attempted to rebuild some of my source and ran into problems during a
>partial pmake of an archive.
[...]

I went on to describe a problem in which an existing archive wouldn't
properly be updated if a target was out of date.  Andrew Cherenson
(arc at kaibab.wpd.sgi.com) informed me that this is a known bug in the IRIX
3.3 version of pmake and has been fixed in the IRIX 4.0 version.

It's comforting to know that I'm not losing my mind :-)

Dennis  (djlinse at phoenix.princeton.edu)
A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire