devforum

Mark Bartelt sysmark at aurora.physics.utoronto.ca
Sat Mar 23 06:51:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar22.124512.23771 at helios.physics.utoronto.ca>
sysmark at physics.utoronto.ca (Mark Bartelt [hey! that's me!]) writes:

| Yesterday's mail brought an announcement of the (rescheduled) SGI
| developers' forum.  In asserts that I can request a registration
| package by sending mail to devforum at sgi.com, which I tried to do.
| Unfortunately, SGI's mail system bounced it, with a "User unknown"
| error.  Would someone at SGI like to either (1) fix the problem
| at that end, or (2) provide us with an alternate address to use?

Since then I've gotten numerous replies saying "gee, it worked for me",
or something to that effect.  Maybe.  But it didn't work as of around
7:30 EST this morning.  And it still wasn't working as of 11:30 EST,
when someone from SGI called me.

Here's what I've sent to the people who replied to my original posting.
I'm posting it here in hopes that it will help prevent a zillion more
"but it worked for me" messages from piling up in my mailbox.  Thanks!

| Something seems to have broken at SGI recently.  Someone there saw my posting,
| and phoned.  They asked me to try another test, which also failed.  Finally,
| they asked me to send them one of the bounced messages, along with all of the
| bounced-mail header lines, to an address that they know works.  I presume that
| the problem will be fixed soon (if it's not already).

Mark Bartelt                                                      416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for                                sysmark at cita.toronto.edu
Theoretical Astrophysics                              sysmark at cita.utoronto.ca