tn3270, vt100 terminals, IRIX 3.3.2...

Claude.P.Cantin at nrc.CA Claude.P.Cantin at nrc.CA
Fri Mar 1 03:42:33 AEST 1991

We have the public domain package "tn3270" running on our PIs and Servers.
It worked fine under IRIX 3.2...

We also have Visual 102s and Plessis (vt100 type terminals) connected
directly to the serial ports of the servers.

Under IRIX 3.2, when tn3270 was invoked using those (vt100) terminals,
the keypad keys were used as PF keys, and the "enter" key (on the keypad)
was used as the PA2 key.

This does not work under IRIX 3.3.X.

IRIX is interpreting the keys differently:  the keypad keys still send
the correct ESCape sequences (ex. ESC O w) for key 7 (keypad), but IRIX 3.3.X
is now interpreting it as "7" and then passing it to tn3270 instead
of passing it directly to tn3270 (as ESC O w) which would then interpret
that sequence as meaning PF4 (in /etc/map3270, "pfk4 = '\EOw'  '\E4'");

The result is that pressing keypad number under IRIX 3.3.X prints the
actuals numbers, whereas they were used as PF keys under IRIX 3.2...

Did anyone else encounter that problem????

How did you resolve it???

Any suggestions???

Thank you,

    Claude Cantin