Can't locate file for: -lX11_s

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at cwi.nl
Tue Mar 12 01:03:47 AEST 1991

I wanted to compile my X programs using the shared X library.  I had
noticed the file /usr/lib/libX11_s, so in my naivete' I tried -lX11_s
instead of -lX11, but I got the message
	Can't locate file for: -lX11_s
I think this means that the file /usr/lib/libX11_s.a is missing, and
that is indeed the case.  Should I have it?
I am running Irix 3.3.2, the X11 Windows Development System was loaded
back when I installed Irix 3.2, and I have installed the default files
in all upgrades since then.  I am pretty sure that the file was missing
on the 3.3.2 upgrade tapes.
--
Sjoerd Mullender
CWI, dept. CST, Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, Netherlands