xterm: how do I switch windows?

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Fri Mar 15 06:22:56 AEST 1991

Here is a question from a total X novice -- according to xterm(1) there
is a pair of control sequences that switch xterm between vt100 and tek
emulation.  I need this for a program that takes text input and then
draws a graph.

There is a command listed that supposedly does this, set-terminal-type(),
but I have not idea how or where to invoke it.  I hate to think that I
have to wade through learning X11 just so that I can switch windows from
an ordinary C program!

By the way, the standard codes (030, 035, 037) for switching vt100
terminals with tek emulation don't seem to work.  The manual refers to
an Xterm Control Sequences document, but this does not seem to be in my
possession.

Thanks in advance, Bill
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=bill%biomel%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=bill%biomel at cs.dal.ca