sgi-compaq deal

DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU
Sun Mar 10 01:00:49 AEST 1991

>> >NHK.  Nippon Hoso Kaisha, if I'm not mistaken (it's from memory; I'm
>> >probably mistaken).  I'm sure the original source had it 'NHK', but
>> >I thought I'd check anyway.
>> >

>Actually guys, it's NKK (Nippon Steel) it made me wonder if the transcriber of
>the article was adding his own embellishments or the original author of the
>article screwed up. If the latter is true how many other "facts" reported
>are worth believing?

No, I tried not to make my own embellishments. I ran around today to try
to find a copy of the New York Times to verify the copy I attempted to
transcribe. It was thrown out and I don't have a copy any more. However,
aside from my usual misspellings, I thought that it was the big Japanese
broadcasting company that had a stake in SGI.

So it is NKK (Nippon Steel) that has a stake in SGI ? If that is the case
then the original author of the Times piece may be due a corrective letter.

Who owns what of SGI ? If there are other factual errors in that piece then
I would like to know. That piece was special to the New York Times, and I am
certain that they (and I) would like to know the real facts !

Thanks for your comments.

>crow!rpaul at ccut.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp	phone: +81 (3) 5706-8357
>ccut.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp!crow!rpaul	  FAX: +81 (3) 5706-8437

| karron at nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
| Fax: 212 263 7190           *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |