Le Corbusier, Radiosity, Greenberg & Architecture

Henrik Klagges uh311ae at sunmanager.lrz-muenchen.de
Wed Mar 27 23:25:01 AEST 1991

Hello !
Just reading the newest Scientific American I stumbled over the
article 'Computers and Architecture', by Donald P. Greenberg of
the comp. graphics program of Cornell University. In this article
the radiosity algorithm is presented, including an example analogous
to the SGI barcelona demo. It is Le Corbusier's chapel in Ronchamps.
I wonder wether anyone has an idea where to get it's radiosity file
(I tried to track via nic.ddn.mil, but negative). Moreover, I would
also like some pointers on architecture software - like 3D modelers,
gfo-viewers, etc. How is Alias ? TDI ? I think I don't need a modeler
with animation, rather one very easy to use, with documented file
formats (so that I can convert it into radiosity files). Another
crucial component would be a radiosity calculating program.
I will summarize the responses.
Thank you, Rick at sunmanager.lrz-muenchen.de

Scanning tunnel microscopy group at U of Munich, FRG