FAQ: sendmail and mail

Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO paul at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 22 15:48:40 AEST 1991

jamison at yuma.acns.colostate.edu (Jamie Gulden) writes:

>    Why is the SGI mail system so much harder to set up then others? I
>have spent several days trying to get the sendmail.cf to work correctly
>and I finally just borrowed one from a sun with a few modifications. It
>now can come up with the correct machine name and mechanism but, I am
>now having problems getting it to send and receive mail.

The definition of the local mailer is probably wrong in the SUN file
for use on the IRIS.  Check the old sendmail.cf file and note the
settings for the Mprog and Mlocal mailers.  Copy the F= flag, mailer
name, and program arguments to the new file.  Leave the sending and
receiving ruleset (S=, R=) values alone.

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2910