Did anybody get sendmail to work outside thier local domain?

Mike Powell "CFS Net Ops" powell at wraith.netops.contel.com
Sun Mar 31 03:38:54 AEST 1991

We have a 4D/25 running IRIX 3.3.2 (awaiting our 4D/35 upgrade).
So far sendmail won't talk directly to the receiving host if it is
outside of our local domain and won't receive mail.

Problem 1): sending to host outside our local domain "netops.contel.com".
this only work if I explicitly relay it off "wraith.netops.contel.com".
eg user%destination_host.organization.domain at wraith
I undertand this is the way SGI operates because of there necessity to
operate in an isolated environment. I've looked at sendmail.cf and
cannot find what I need to change. additionally, this sendmail.cf
doesn't look anything like any of the others I had to modify.

Problem 2): incomming mail gets bounced.
sending mail from "wraith" to "signal15" (our 4D/25) get bounced.
with the 4D/25 spitting out and error "internal error" and returning
the mail to the sender.

any thoughts?

please reply directly, I'll summarize if the is enough interest.
"wraith" is not having any mailer problems I am aware of.
thanks,
	mike
--
Mike Powell PPASEL
"It's hard to find router bits for your cisco." MRP 03/29/91