Device driver question.

Hank Thidemann thidemah at infonode.ingr.com
Thu Mar 21 01:37:27 AEST 1991

I have a couple of device driver questions:

   1) How would you unlock physical memory from a bottom
      half routine?

      I am calling userdma() from my ioctl() entry point
      and would like to unlock the pages in my interrupt
      handler.  Is there an equivalent of undma() that
      takes a pointer to a proc structure?  For various
      application specific reasons I can not use physio()
      or unlock the pages in the top half.

   2) How do you convert a user virtual address into a
      physical address?

      Since I can not use physio() I need to either
      generate the kernel virtual address myself and
      then call kvtophys() or map to a physical
      address directly.  This will be done in the top
      half.

   Thanks-

   Jon Raichek

   Optronics               ...uunet!jon at jon.optron.ingr.com
   7 Stuart Road           ...uunet!ingr!optron!jon!jon
   Chelmsford, MA 01824    508/250-8623