Incremental backups

J. Mazumder moitra at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 14 09:21:01 AEST 1991

Has any one done any incremental backups using the Backup command. I
understand that there is no option for incremental backup in the Backup
command.  Also I heard that the Backup & Restoration utility under the
System Manager icon has some bugs in it.  It seems only the bru command
seems to work ok.  Has any body been able to modify the shell script
in /usr/sbin/Backup to incorporate incremental backup. Please share your
experience with a mail to "moitra at bgtiris.me.uiuc.edu" . Thanks in advance.

P.S. Is the following command ok for incremental backup using a remote
tape drive :

 bru -cvf machine_name:/dev/tape -n DD-MMM-YY files or path-name