Forms 1.2 under IRIX 3.2

Mark Overmars markov at cs.ruu.nl
Wed May 8 06:06:49 AEST 1991

In <9105071227.AA09119 at gdstech.grumman.com> englund at gdstech.grumman.com (Dave Englund) writes:

>I've managed to hack Forms 1.2 to run under IRIX 3.2. There aren't
>that many changes necessary, so I'll just list them here.
>
>Changes in "forms.h"
>line 36:   void (*form_call_back)(struct objs *);
>line 76:   void (*obj_call_back)(struct objs *, long);
>
> (stuff deleted)
>
>Those changes are enough to get the package to compile, but alas are
>not enough to make the package work correctly.

I cannot imagine that has got anything to do with (but I am sure you are
right). Can you comment on why this has to be done?

> The remaining problems
>have to do with the C compiler promoting floats to doubles when
>passing them as arguments.

If I remember correctly, adding the compiler option -float (or -floats)
should do all of that. I am not sure though because I cannot test it anymore.

By the way, release 1.3 is on its way. (You won't like it. It will require a
bit of work from all you FORMS users.)

Mark Overmars