How do I make a slider in a GL program?

James Helman jim at baroque.Stanford.EDU
Mon May 6 16:20:30 AEST 1991

FAQ: Some options:

1) Try Dave Tristram's panel library, which is available free from
NASA Ames.  Unfortunately, to please the bean counters, it isn't
available by FTP.  You'll need to write for a copy.

	Panel Request
	MS T045-1
	NASA  Ames Research Center
	Moffett Field, California 94035

	panel-request at nas.nasa.gov

2) FORMS is another package.  It's available by anonymous FTP to
archive.cs.ruu.nl and perelandra.cms.udel.edu, but I haven't tried it.
I've heard it has less variety than the panel library, but is simpler.

3) Are you X-ward bound?  If ugliness doesn't bother you, you could
use the free Athena Widget set (from the IRIX 3.3 X developer's tape
or from ftp to fresnel.stanford.edu).  If aesthetics matter, you could
buy Motif for that "3D" look.  However, both of these require a little
more than a mkslider() call. X, you understand.  ;-).

-jim

Jim Helman
Department of Applied Physics			Durand 012
Stanford University				FAX: (415) 725-3377
(jim at KAOS.stanford.edu) 			Work: (415) 723-9127