Color Printers for SGI's (CLC500 someone?)

Dave Olson olson at anchor.esd.sgi.com
Thu May 23 06:13:59 AEST 1991

In <1991May22.115034.3987 at ifi.unizh.ch> meyer at ifi.unizh.ch (Urs Meyer) writes:

| I wonder if anybody got one of these fancy Color Laser Copiers CLC500 from
| Canon and managed it to connect it to an Iris using the SCSI interface?
| Are there any drivers available, either public domain or commercial?
| Any help will be appreciated.

I haven't heard anything about it even having a scsi interface,
but we have one on loan with the gpib interface.  It has
VERY impressive quality (of course, it is a tad bit expensive).

The simple minded driver we have uses very little gpib stuff,
so assuming the scsi interface is (conceptually) at all similar
to the gpib, it shouldn't be too much work to write a driver
using the ds generic scsi driver.
--

	Dave Olson