ioctl

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.wpd.sgi.com
Thu May 23 05:44:31 AEST 1991

> On my PI with Irix 3.3.1 the value of FIONREAD is defined in
> sys/ioctl.h, not in sys/termio.h -- termio.h  defines oFIONREAD,

Be careful.  The "old versions" of the ioctl's, including oTCGETA and
oFIONREA are going to go away as soon as possible.  They would have
disappeared from 4.0, except for things I characterize as politics.  They
were intended only to bridge a little binary compatibility.  I seem to
recall defining oFIONREAD to be compatible with a previous release of UNIX
for the IRIS 3000/2000 series; it has been a while.

Vernon Schryver,  vjs at sgi.com.