wondering when/whether our 3.3.2 will arrive ...

Mark Bartelt sysmark at aurora.physics.utoronto.ca
Fri May 17 19:39:36 AEST 1991

Robert Stephens, replying to a report of a mail bug, writes:

| I have just verified that the fixed version shipped with IRIX 3.3.2.
| It must be the case that your machine is running IRIX 3.3.1, you should
| check to be sure.

This brings up another question (several, actually):  When did 3.3.2 start
shipping?  Is it still trickling out?  We haven't gotten 3.3.2 for *any* of
our Personal IRISes yet.  (We have eight, all under extended warranty.)

The fellow who looks after the 4D/280 which lives four floors down from us
mentioned that 3.3.2 was being shipped *only* to those customers who asked
for it, or who had reported bugs which 3.3.2 would fix.

Is this a true rumour, or not?  If true, then how were we supposed to know
to ask for it?  We certainly never heard anything by hardcopy mail, e-mail,
or postings to this newsgroup.

And if it's a false rumour, then why is it taking so long to get the tapes
out to customers?  (Didn't 3.3.2 start going out shortly after the start of
the year?)

Could someone from SGI please clarify what's going on here?

Mark Bartelt                                                   416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for                                mark at cita.toronto.edu
Theoretical Astrophysics                              mark at cita.utoronto.ca