R2000 stack alignment question

Jack Jansen jack at cwi.nl
Tue May 28 23:05:12 AEST 1991

After some hours of digging through assembly code I've finally found out
that varargs.h depends on the stack being aligned to an 8-byte boundary,
and the C compiler does its utmost to keep it like that (unlike me).

Could anyone in the know tell me whether this deduction is correct, and,
if so, where this is documented? I would expect this to be in the
'linkage convention' of the Kane book, but it isn't there (or, at
least, I couldn't find it...)
Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht	| Oral:     Jack Jansen
zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen	| Internet: jack at cwi.nl
dan dooft het licht			| Uucp:     hp4nl!cwi.nl!jack