(none)

Lance M. Optican - LMO lmo at lsr-vax.UUCP
Tue May 7 06:11:34 AEST 1991

Subject: CrystalEyes Display Controller

	Lou Harrison had trouble
connecting his StereoGraphics system up,
using the external controller.

	I have been using a CrystalEyes
external Display Controller from StereoGraphics
with my SGI successfully.  My monitor is a Mitsubishi
(model HL6905).  The wiring between the
Iris 4D/140 GTXB and the Controller and
Monitor is as follows:

IRIS		CONTROLLER		MONITOR
----		----------		-------
R,G,B Output	<nothing>		R,G,B Input

Sync Output	Video Input		<nothing>

<nothing>	Composite Output	Comp HD Input

		Switch 1 UP (over	Sync Switch
		video input)		to "external"

		Switch 2 DOWN (over
		vsync input)

Basically, the RGB signals go straight through
from the iris to the monitor, bypassing the
controller.  The controller gets a sync pulse
from the iris, generates its own pulse, which
is then sent to the external sync port on
the monitor.

			good luck!

   Lance M. Optican			      | uunet.uu.net!lsr-vax!lmo
   Laboratory of Sensorimotor Research	      | lsr-vax!lmo at uunet.uu.net
   National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD  |	(301) 496-3549