producing graphics on one Iris produced by another

Ashley Dreier ajd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu May 30 13:19:38 AEST 1991

raymond at cavebear.berkeley.edu (Raymond Yee) writes:

>I have access to two Personal Irises.  The problem is that the one with
>a console that is more accessible to me does not have any compilers.  So
>what I have been doing is compiling my programs on one machine and then
>ftping to other to run.

>My question:  is it possible to run the program on one machine and have
>graphics come out on the console of the other Iris?

>I'd greatly appreciate any help.

>Raymond Yee
>(raymond at cavebear.berkeley.edu)

Try looking at the dgl (distributed graphics library).
You can run the program on a remote machine and have the graphics
displayed on the current machine (or any machine for that matter).

		Ash
		(ajd at cs.mu.OZ.AU)