VMS & SGI and terminfo

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Thu May 2 03:59:14 AEST 1991

I was reminded of a problem I sometimes have when I read:

>>How about using the console keyboard in a session telneted to the VMS vax...

I'm using the console via cu at 9600 baud to an old Unix system we have,
and I used infocmp to generate termcap and terminfo files for it.  But
frequently when running vi, especially when the cursor is jumping around
(for example, at the beginning of a line I type "A"), large blocks of
text get erased.  Not really erased, I get them back with ^L, but they
vanish from the screen.  Any hints on how to avoid this?
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=silvert%biome%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=silvert%biome at cs.dal.ca