What can you do with an IRIS 3130?

Sam Fulcomer sgf at cfm.brown.edu
Fri May 17 09:17:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991May16.164350.11381 at odin.corp.sgi.com> archer at elysium.esd.sgi.com (Archer Sully) writes:
>In <1991May16.041205.20522 at mel.dit.csiro.au> smart at manta.mel.dit.csiro.au (Robert Smart) writes:
>
>*We have acquired an old IRIS 3130. Is there anything useful one can
>
>They make terrific endtables, bench supports and/or space heaters.

...bit tall for an endtable, but I have been considering heating the back
bedroom with one next winter.

Since SGI is (soon?) ending support of the Motorola boxes I would hope
that they would consider making generally available the 4sight port
(well, maybe not port, really..., it had to be developed somewhere...)
previously mentioned on the net. I'm sure lots of 3130 owners would
be happy to shoot themselves in the foot with it. I know I would.

--
_/**/Sam_Fulcomer	sgf at cfm.brown.edu	What, me panic: uba crazy

Associate Director for Computing Facilities and Scientific Visualization
Brown University Center for Fluid Mechanics, Turbulence and Computation