Help for indent tab

Murakami Akinori mei at vega.rc.m-kasei.co.jp
Sat May 11 17:18:46 AEST 1991

Many thanks for IRIS colleages;

>I have a ploblem for file transfer between IRIS and IBM type
>Mainframe.

I have several suggestions.
Thanks.

From: Bill Silvert <silvert at cs.dal.ca>

It isn't clear whether your problem is with the autoindent feature or
with the use of tabs instead of spaces for indentation.

To suppress autoindent, type ":set noai", and to ensure that the
indentation consists only of spaces with no tabs type ":set ts=80" or
some other large value (ts is tabstop).

From: laukee at canon.co.uk
Most BSD Unix systems have a command called 'expand' which
does what you want.  I know Irix is System V, but it still
might have the command.

	Expand not  worked on IRIS

From: dprmjc at Arco.COM (M. J. Cole)
You can use the unix utility col with the -x option to replace tabs with
spaces.

	% col -x < file_with_tabs > file_no_tabs

This is fine. I can uncode indent tabs to spaces by this command.

From: Glenn Randers-Pehrson (TBD|WMB) <glennrp at BRL.MIL>
	Try "pr -e file".

This can be command work, but this command is for printing.

						mei at m-kasei.co.jp
					mei at m-kasei.co.jp
					$@;0I)2=@.Am9g8&5f=j(J  $@%7%9%F%`?tM}8&5f<<(J