Don't want to be interrupted

Michael M. Cohen mmcohen at ssyx.ucsc.edu
Sat May 4 00:16:28 AEST 1991

While I am rendering real time video to NTSC tape,
I don't want anything to slow me down to below 30 fps.
This slowdown can occur if I move the mouse, if someone
logs in, if mail arrives, the disk updates etc...
Is there an easy way to lock out all distractions
temporarily? Perhaps someone has a shell to find
demons and stop them (and another to later bring them
back to life)? Might be necessary to temporarily
incapacitate the scheduler and swapping also (application
should have no problem fitting in existing memory)?
[machine id 4D310VGX-FX irix 3.3.2 16mb]

TIA for advice, MMCohen