Wanted, A logging ftpd that works under 3.3.2

Russell J Fulton;ccc032u russell at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Mon May 6 14:16:38 AEST 1991

We are trying to get a version of ftpd going that will log various information
about transfers. At present we have tried both the standard Berkley distribution
and the 'Adam's ftp' from Brown University (which is a patched Berkley
version).

Both these version result on the Iris.

Messages indicate that the control connection was lost. We had similar
problems when we used Berkley version of ftp but managed to fix it by,
if I remember correctly, replacing 'read's on the sockets by 'recv's.

It is not clear to me exactly how the control connection is handled,
stdout of ftpd is some how hooked to stdin of ftp?

Does anybody have the source for an ftpd that works on Irix 3.3? Or better
still a set of patches to the Berkley version. I have been told by our local
agents that SGI use the standard Berkley release so may be some one at SGI
can point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Russell

--
Russell Fulton, Computer Center, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
<rj_fulton at aukuni.ac.nz>