Color Printers for SGI's (CLC500 someone?)

David Haight davidh8 at pogo.WV.TEK.COM
Thu May 23 09:52:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991May22.115034.3987 at ifi.unizh.ch> meyer at ifi.unizh.ch writes:
>I wonder if anybody got one of these fancy Color Laser Copiers CLC500 from
>Canon and managed it to connect it to an Iris using the SCSI interface?
>Are there any drivers available, either public domain or commercial?
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Urs
>

>Urs Meyer ---------- meyer at ifi.unizh.ch, {uunet,...}!mcsun!cernvax!unizh!meyer
>University of Zurich, Dept of Computer Science, Multimedia Lab, CH-8057 Zurich

We (Tektronix) have two color printers that are compatible with the IRIS.
Interface is serial parallel or ethernet and there are drivers available.
The printers are 300dpi thermal wax, not laser.  The Phaser II PX is a
postscript printer and the Phaser II DX is a raster printer.  The DX
has a SCSI interface but no  driver has been written for the IRIS.  If
you would like more info, email me.

David Haight            | davidh8 at pogo.wv.tek.com          | INTERNET
Tektronix, GPID Div.    | {backbone}!tektronix!pogo!davidh8| UUCP
PO Box 1000, M/S 63-630 | (USA) (503) 685-3151             | VOICE
Wilsonville, OR 97070   | (USA) (503) 685-3063             | FAX