Help needed with texture mapping images ...

Sean Culhane culhane at vis.toronto.edu
Sat May 4 07:37:56 AEST 1991

Hello, all.

A *BIG* thanks to all those who replied to my previous posting about
transforming images.  I seems that the overwhelming majority would
use texture mapping to do the job (given that one has a VGX).

Now, I am faced with another problem, and have banged my head for just
several hours and I am very dizzy.  Here's my situation:

I have an image (in the format that lrectwrite expects), and I do a

   texdef2d( 1, 2, ImageSize, ImageSize, Image, 5, texprops);
   texbind(TX_TEXTURE_0, 1);

The result is that I only get ONE CORNER of a 256x256 image mapped onto the
polygon.  So I look to the manual, and I read that the TX_TILE texture
property will support mapping of high-resolution images with multiple
rendering passes.  So, I've set up the following:

   float texprops1[] = {TX_MINFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   	 	     TX_MAGFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   		     TX_TILE, 0.0, 0.0, 0.5, 0.5,
   		     TX_NULL};
   float texprops2[] = {TX_MINFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   	 	     TX_MAGFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   		     TX_TILE, 0.5, 0.0, 1., 0.5,
   		     TX_NULL};
   float texprops3[] = {TX_MINFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   	 	     TX_MAGFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   		     TX_TILE, 0.0, 0.5, 0.5, 1.,
   		     TX_NULL};
   float texprops4[] = {TX_MINFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   	 	     TX_MAGFILTER, TX_BILINEAR,
   		     TX_TILE, 0.5, 0.5, 1., 1.,
   		     TX_NULL};

and the four texture definitions:

   texdef2d( 1, 2, ImageSize, ImageSize, Image, 10, texprops1);
   texdef2d( 2, 2, ImageSize, ImageSize, Image, 10, texprops2);
   texdef2d( 3, 2, ImageSize, ImageSize, Image, 10, texprops3);
   texdef2d( 4, 2, ImageSize, ImageSize, Image, 10, texprops4);

and I draw the polygon like so:

   for( i=1; i<=4; i++ ) {
      texbind(TX_TEXTURE_0, i);

      bgnpolygon();
         t2f(t0);  v3f(v0);
         t2f(t1);  v3f(v1);
         t2f(t2);  v3f(v2);
         t2f(t3);  v3f(v3);
      endpolygon();

   } /* for */

I am obviously mis-interpreting something here, since making these changes
causes the texture to be BLACK! (or non-existant ... who's to say).

Once again, and and all help/comments are greatly appreciated.

Sean.
--
Sean Culhane, Computer Vision Lab,  |"I know not with what weapons World War
Dept. of Computer Science,          | III will be fought, but World War IV