Sun-Spots Digest, v6n61

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Fri Apr 22 01:29:32 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST         Thursday, 21 April 1988       Volume 6 : Issue 61

Today's Topics:
            Re: Menu items with varying heights under SunTools
                         Sun NFS UDP Checksum Fix
                          Bug in tod-patch.shar
                    Clients not responding immediately
                 Need suggestions about graphics software
                Converting sun assembler to microtek asm?
               Sun386i MS-DOS details: how compatible? (2)

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Thu, 14 Apr 88 10:51:40 EDT
From:    Chuck Musciano <chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com>
Subject: Re: Menu items with varying heights under SunTools

The only way to get menu items of varying heights is to render each item
into a pixrect yourself, and use this pixrect as the MENU_IMAGE to create
the item.  Alternately, you could specify different fonts (using
MENU_FONT) for each item, which should produce different height items,
based upon the font size.

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation