Sun-Spots Digest, v6n56

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Tue Apr 19 02:09:47 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST          Monday, 18 April 1988        Volume 6 : Issue 56

Today's Topics:
                              Re: Fast Zoom
                       Re: Sun WARNING (follow-up)
               Re: Problems configuring cua0 on a 3/160 zs0
     Object oriented programming techniques for information databases
                       Another small calentool fix
         Mixing SMD and XSMD drives on a Xylogics 451 Controller
                   Problems with X25 software start-up
                     Problem connecting a Hayes modem
           Reading TAR and CPIO format SUN cartridges on a PC?
                 Package for color presentation graphics?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Fri, 8 Apr 88 10:30:55 CDT
From:    vuse!ip1!hsc at uunet.uu.net (Hsuan Chang)
Subject: Re: Fast Zoom

I presume the original image is in pixrect format already (or else you
have to assemble it into a little pixrect to speed up).  I do it the
following way:
1) use pr_rop to blow a line at a time into the "tmp array" which is
   also a memory pixrect;
2) then use pw_rop to blow the "tmp array" onto the pw structure.  In
   other words, I blow the original image in one direction internally via
   memory pixrect, then in the another direction in a visible way.  To
   further speed it up, use the "pw_batch_*" system call when you do the
   pw_rop part of the zoom.

I'd be glad to give you a piece of code if you send me a mail directly.

H. Chang
Vanderbilt University
hsc at vuse.vanderbily.edu
..!uunet!vuse!hsc