Sun-Spots Digest, v6n181

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Mon Aug 15 14:30:31 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST          Sunday, 14 August 1988      Volume 6 : Issue 181

Today's Topics:
                   Re: Photographic Output Devices (2)
                    Re: problems with forwarding mail
                              Re: ups on sun
                     Re: Suntools startup bug/feature
                            Re: Whither 68030
                       Announcing top, version 2.5
                             memory on 4/110
                     Xylogics 753 simple timing tests
       How do I get internal *and* external SCSI on a 3/260 w/ 3.4?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Mon, 8 Aug 88 12:29:37 EDT
From:    gfr%wolfgang at gateway.mitre.org (Glenn Roberts)
Subject: Re: Photographic Output Devices (1)
Reference: v6n172

> I am interested in purchasing a photographic output device for our Sun
> 3/110C.  The type of device we are looking at is something like the Matrix
> recorder... but we aren't interested in a mega-bucks super-camera.

We shoot directly from the screen and have had excellent results.  We use
a 35mm w/ 85mm focal length mounted on a sturdy tripod.  With room
completely dark and Ektachrome 200 daylight I use an exposure of f8 at 1/2
second (I presume you have the 19" screen; set the brightness and contrast
to max).  We've also shot off a matrix camera and most people can't tell
the differerence between the two methods.  The price is right!!

(P.S.: Greetings to all my friends at Rensselaer!)

- Glenn Roberts (BS '76, M.Eng '78, Ph.D. '80)
  MITRE Corp., McLean VA  (703) 883-6820
  gfr%wolfgang at gateway.mitre.org