Sun-Spots Digest, v6n10

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Wed Feb 3 09:30:31 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST         Tuesday, 2 February 1988      Volume 6 : Issue 10

Today's Topics:
                The case of the missing Bitnet subscribers
                 Pixwin operations in SunView panels (2)
                Re: Adding a node to a server-based system
                Adding Diskless Nodes Without Using Setup
                      Route additions/deletions hang
                              client crashes
                     Problems with Adaptec controller
                       Spurious level 3 interrupts!
         Help with SunView's pw_set_region_rect clipping function
                             SunDNI question
                      Suncore view surface windows?
                             Lisp for Sun-4?
                 C++ on the Suns: which vendor to choose?
                 Tektronix 4107 emulator for color Suns?
                      Adding a super eagle to a Sun?
              Experiences with Emulex tc12 or Xylogics 772?
                       Fujistu 2372 disks on Suns?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
Recent backissues are stored on "titan.rice.edu".  For volume X, issue Y,
"get sun-spots/vXnY".  They are also accessible through the archive
server:  mail the word "help" to "archive-server at rice.edu".

Date:    Tue,  2 Feb 88 16:32:49 CST
From:    William LeFebvre <phil at Rice.edu>
Subject: The case of the missing Bitnet subscribers

It seems that somewhere around the beginning of the year many of the
Bitnet addresses disappeared from the Bitnet list server at RICE.  Further
investigation revealed that the person who maintains the RICE list server
set up a peer list at UBVM to help minimize the Bitnet traffic caused by
sending a Sun-Spots issue.  Unfortunately, he forgot to complete all the
work on the Rice end to link the two groups.  That has now been finished
and all of our Bitnet subscribers should receive this issue.  My apologies
to all who were inconvenienced.  I did not discover that there was a
problem until a few days ago.

Now we just have to figure out how to get the first nine issues of the
1988 digest to all who missed them.  I would like to put them in the list
server as retrievable files---this would make retrieval for Bitnet people
very easy.  As soon as I figure out how to do that I will.  If you can't
wait until then, you may retrieve them via the archive server.

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil at Rice.edu>