problem with 3/50 serving a 3/60 with nd

Timothy H Smith tim at vax1.cc.uakron.edu
Fri Apr 7 18:26:41 AEST 1989

hello.. I have a small problem with my network setup.  My system consists
of a 3/60 and 3/50 with 3 scsi disks running sunOS 3.5.   The 3/50 is the
file server for the 3/60.  this was done so my boss can have the fast
machine in his office and not have the noise of the 3 scsi disks.  He runs
very big jobs on his 3/60  (10-12 meg)  so lots of swaping is taking
place.  The problem is that the 3/60 keeps gettng a nfs server finger is
not responding error message.  Are there any nfs settings I can set so he
doesn't get so many of these messages.  I think that the 3/50 is getting
over taken with requests from the 3/60 but I cannot get a handle of how to
fix this problem.   Thanks.

				tim at vax1.cc.uakron.edu