Unlimit reset problem on 4/110s?

Dwight D. McKay mckay at courageous.ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Apr 26 17:22:18 AEST 1989

I have another problem which the Sun Hotline has not given me any response
on after two calls:

The Problem:
------------

	On a Sun 4/110, if you type "unlimit stack" and then any other
command, you will end up in the monitor.  Not good.

Questions:
----------

	* Has anyone else seen this?

        * Is there a fix for this?  (Before you blithely say, "install the
4.0.X patches, let me tell you that we're a source license site.  Binary
patches don't do us any good as they usually overwrite our own fixes.  If
you can tell me which patch or better still what the source change needed
is, that'll help a lot!  Better still would be source to "point-point"
releases, but that's another story...)

--Dwight D. McKay, ECN Workstation Software Support
--Purdue University, Engineering Computer Network
--Office: MSEE 104f, Phone: (317) 494-3561
--ARPAnet: mckay at harbor.ecn.purdue.edu, Usenet: ...rutgers!pur-ee!mckay