Questions about LaserWriter+ and SunLink DNI

Timothy Reed columbia!dasys1!treed at cucard.med.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 4 19:45:34 AEST 1989

We're using cat2dit/devps from Thalatta Corp, and are happy with it.
Thalatta seems to be a small company that has a inexpensive product that
does its work in a more modular way that is good for a shell script
builder.  A single host license goes for about $400, while a site license
runs $1000, and it's available now for all versions of sun hardware and
software.  Support is quick and responsive, and usually comes from the
president of the company.  A phone number I don't have handy - check
catalyst, or maybe mr. moderator will chime in.

Speaking of printers, Thalatta told me about a timeout bug  with 4.0 that
appears again in my 4.0.1.  Wasn't that supposed to be fixed with the
patch tape?  keeping the serial device open solves the problem, but the
printer still produces timeout errors after each print job.  Any solutions
out there?

Thanks
Timothy Reed
..!uunet!slcpi!slhcmg!tim