Sunview news reader

tom reingold tr at madeleine.ctt.bellcore.com
Wed Apr 26 10:11:10 AEST 1989

On the subject of "Sunview news reader?", jay at silence.princeton.nj.us
(Jay Plett) writes:

$
$ Does anybody have a toolsome newsreader that runs under Sunview?  Please
$ reply by e-mail;  I will share responses with anyone who asks.

I have replied by email, but maybe people care to see my quick and
dirty solution:

I just have a simple menu item in my main menu file (.rootmenu).
"Read news"     shelltool -Wf 0 217 101 -Wl rn -WL rn rn

This pops up a window in a garrish green with rn started.  When I type
'q' at the top level, the window goes away.

Tom Reingold                   |INTERNET:       tr at ctt.bellcore.com
Bell Communications Research   |UUCP:           bellcore!ctt!tr
444 Hoes La room 1E225         |PHONE:          (201) 699-7058 [work],
Piscataway, NJ 08854           |                (201) 287-2345 [home]

[[ I don't know about the original poster, but I would prefer something
that uses an interface closer to that of mailtool.  That way I don't have
to remember all those weird one letter "rn" commands.  Of course, I still
want alot of the power that "rn" has.  Sigh....   --wnl ]]