The Sun Support Crusade

Sun Support Crusade Office sunmail at kolmogorov.physics.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 5 05:05:13 AEST 1989

A little note I posted earlier about using e-mail to Sun salesmen to
pressure Sun into developing better support has generated some mail.  I
would like to compile anecdotal material on the quality of Sun Support and
post a compilation of "typical Sun Support stories" and an "analysis"
which I will also mail to Sun's VP of support (if my e-mail gets bounced,
then via real-mail).

I would like modest length mail messages written with some degree of wit,
but not too much flaming, which relate a Sun Support story.  I would like
to hear about both bad and GOOD experiences with Sun support.  Also I
would appreciate constructive ideas and suggestions that others would like
forwarded to Sun to improve their support.  Actually, I would really be
happy if Sun had an effective way for Users to express their
dissatisfaction directly.

To make this systematic, I would appreciate all e-mail concerning Sun
support to mailed to the below address and not to my personal e-mail
address.  I currently do not get a news feed, and this will not be fixed
for a few weeks.  The only thing I am sort of worried about is getting
either no response, or too much!!!  (Not much room for error!)

ari

Please mail comments, stories and ideas to:
sunmail at kolmogorov.physics.uiuc.edu

Aritomo Shinozaki
Department of Physics
University of Illinois