the connector is the network

Robert Wise rmwise at cloud9.stratus.com
Fri Apr 21 15:54:03 AEST 1989

emv at math.lsa.umich.edu writes:
> I have the well-known problem of Sun 3/60's getting disconnected from the
> (thick) ethernet because of the lousy Sun connectors.  I'm sure there's
> someone who has solved this problem to their satisfaction.  What did you
> do?

What we do here at Stratus is remove the clip from the ethernet socket on
the sun.  There are two screws to remove.  Remove the screws and the clip,
and don't put the screws back in.  This allows the drop cable connector to
slide an extra 1/4" or so onto the sun-side connector.  This has proved to
be acceptable for us.

-Bob Wise
Stratus Computer
rmwise at cloud9.uucp