DEC RA81 disk drive on a Sun 4/280

Everett F. Batey II elroy!suned1!efb at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 26 12:20:25 AEST 1989

rr%chmsr at gatech.edu (Richard Robison) writes:
>Does anyone know if it is possible to use a DEC RA81 with a Sun 4/280?  We
>are getting rid of our VAX, but it would be nice to keep the disk if

Bill Offered ..
[[ I seriously doubt it, unless someone has built a UDA-50 controller for
a bus other than the Unibus.  --wnl ]]

Well, I don't think you really want to .. but if you do .. use an NFS
server on your VMS or MicroVMS size host (KDA-50, Bill) and you can  stuff
file debris all over your network ..

Wish you the best rr .. call me if you like ..

--
           The_Main_User (So Calif SunLUG | Vta-SB-SLO-DECUS)
      efb at elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov efb at suned1.UUCP efbatey at Vaxb.Navy.MIL