Swap Disk for Sun 3/50?

Alan Epstein ames!mailrus!metasoft!alan at uunet.uu.net
Wed Apr 5 13:49:57 AEST 1989

we'd like to add a SCSI disk to our 3/50 so as to have local swap space.
can someone who has done this via 3rd party hardware vendors answer the
following questions:

1- can we use any type of SCSI disk, such as a Quantum drive which
   machines like macintoshes use?

2- do we need any special additional hardware, like controllers, to
   support this arrangement.

3- should /root and other file systems reside with the swap space?

4- how good is the performance in doing something like this?

please send replies via e-mail.

thanks in advance.

Alan Epstein
Meta Software Corp                   UUCP:  ...bbn!metasoft!alan
150 Cambridgepark Dr        Internet/ARPA:  alan%metasoft at bbn.com
Cambridge, MA 02140  USA