Problems with SunOS 4.0.1, YP, and NFS mounting

Dan Davison dbd%benden at lanl.gov
Sat Apr 22 12:45:42 AEST 1989

>> The portmapper with the checksum of 26206 16 may also work.

> What's the difference between this checksum and the one above?

A typo.  Originally the checksum of the portmapper that worked was 53902
24, and that's what I had written.  I then remembered that I changed it
for some reason and did the "sum" that I posted.  Use the 26206 16
version; I had a problem with the 53902 24 under some circumstances that I
can't recall now.

BTW, I only set the ifconfig lines in rc.boot.  Experimentation showed
that the setting in rc.local didn't always work.

dan davison
theoretical biology and biophysics
t-10 ms k710
los alamos national laboratory