Need information on "panic: mget"

Michael Maciolek mikem at xn.ll.mit.edu
Tue Apr 25 06:21:33 AEST 1989

Could someone enlighten me (or refer me to some enlightening back-issues
of sun-spots) as to the general origin of the classic "panic: mget" error
message?  I'd like a general understanding of what an "mget" is trying to
do, and why it might panics.

We are running SL/IP on a 3/160 running SunOS 3.5.  We didn't seem to have
any trouble with panic:mget until we also installed a Tektronics interface
board for their 4693D color printer.

ALSO: Is there a publicly-accessible source for a SunOS 4.0 version of
SL/IP?

[[ Yes, in the Rice archives.  It is under "sun-source" and is called
"slip4.0.shar".  It can be retrieved via anonymous FTP from the host
"titan.rice.edu" or via the archive server.  For more information about
the archive server, send a mail message containing the word "help" to the
address "archive-server at rice.edu".  --wnl ]]

Any suggestions for tracking down the source of the panics would be
appreciated.  Send email to

mikem at juliet.ll.mit.edu		(preferred)
	or
mikem at ll-xn.arpa.uucp