Problem with +mapname in auto maps

Ron Stanonik stanonik at nprdc.navy.mil
Thu Apr 27 19:16:05 AEST 1989

Sorry, the comment about starting automount from the same directory as the
automount map was somewhat (completely?) bogus.  Our auto.master says

	/vol	auto.vol

The 386i's start automount from rc.local in / as

	automount -tw 300

I was trying to allow the 386i's local control over /vol without changing
their rc.local.  Since automount first looks for a file, putting auto.vol
in / would allow automount to find it.  Yes, bizzare.  People will always
(ab)use a program in ways never dreamed (nightmared).  I've since just
changed rc.local to

	automount -tw 300 /vol /etc/auto.vol.

Thanks,

Ron Stanonik