stty [-]nohang?

David I. Berg dberg at cod.nosc.mil
Tue Apr 4 12:21:56 AEST 1989

I'm a new SUN user and just brought up a 3/60 with Version 4.0.  To my
surprise, the stty option [-]nohang was conspicuous by its absence.  This
is the function that kills the control process if the remote carrier is
dropped, thus logging out the faulted user and clearing the remote port.
An inquiry to some folks locally informed me that this option was present
in Version 3.  Can anyone point me to a way of ressurecting [-]nohang or
achieving the same result another way?

Thanks in advance.

--
David I. Berg (dberg at nosc.mil)
GENISYS Information Systems, Inc., 4250 Pacific Hwy #118, San Diego, CA 92110
MILNET: dberg at nosc.mil
UUCP:   {akgua decvax dcdwest ucbvax}!sdcsvax!noscvax!dberg

[[ Try looking at the "hupcl" option of stty.  I believe you want
"stty hupcl", but I've never verified that it actually works as
advertised.  --wnl ]]