ps stops working when I reconfigure the kernel (

Julio Sanchez / GMV mcvax!gmv.es!jsanchez at uunet.uu.net
Sat Apr 22 16:47:44 AEST 1989

I have been trying to reconfigure a kernel (to install SunLink/DNI) and
most things go OK except for 'ps' or 'w' that produce a 'segmentation
fault' and complain about problems in accessing /dev/drum and /dev/kmem.

After giving up with this, we tried to configure a GENERIC kernel (w/o
SunLink/DNI) and now no errors are found but ps produces NO output but the
header. 'w' does not seem to be producing correct answers either (7000+
days up time, etc).

We have restored libraries and reconfigured to no avail. We have used a
different WS to configure the kernel as well.

Now we have come to the point that we cannot produce a completely
functional kernel for 3.5. We had already done this for 3.2 without
problems, but it is our first try with 3.5.

Has anyone run into this problem and would like to help us?

Julio Sanchez                            Ph. +34 1 234 30 04
Grupo de Mecanica del Vuelo, S.A. (GMV)  Fax +34 1 233 32 50
Cristobal Bordiu, 35                     Telex  48487 GMEV E
E-28003 MADRID                           jsanchez at gmv.es
SPAIN                                    mcvax!gmv.es!jsanchez at uunet.uu.net
                                         uunet!mcvax!gmv.es!jsanchez