questions on network gateways

Rich Salz rsalz at bbn.com
Wed Apr 5 03:44:31 AEST 1989

>	1) if there are any gateways between the Internet and BIX
>		and/or CompuServe ?

BIX has is investigating an official gateway, I believe with the folks at
UUNET.  CompuServe has a project going on, also, the work is being done by
Karl Kleinpaste of Ohio-State.  Based on postingsd seen elsewhere, I
wouldn't be surprised if MCIMail also had something in the works.

>	2) if there is anyway to send messages to Usenet news boards
>		without actually being on Usenet ?

A large number of newsgroups are gatewayed between mailing lists, but
UCBVAX has gateways INTO all of them, pretty much.  To post to
foo.bar.baz, send mail to foo-bar-baz at ucbvax.berkeley.edu

	/rich $alz
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz at uunet.uu.net.