color screendumps to LaserWriter II?

hankg%hound at att.att.com hankg%hound at att.att.com
Wed Apr 26 19:17:06 AEST 1989

Does anyone know how to get a B & W LaserWriter II printout from a color
screendump done on a Sun3/60?  I'd like to end up with the color values
converted to grey-tones, not the rasfilter8to1 look.

I could swear I've done this on a Sun3/160 and a LaserWriter 1, and
through some magic that I took for granted, the prints came out
grey-scaled similar to the original color screendump.

BTW, the Transcript software for pssun, doesn't accept 8-bit images, so
that's not the right massage for the medium.

Any ideas, global villagers?

Hank Grebe
Bell Labs		UUCP:	...att!hound!hankg
Holmdel, NJ		phone:	(201) 949-2549