OS 4 Sendmail.cf doesn't match documentation

Steve Jay ultra!shj at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 26 18:48:22 AEST 1989

While waiting for Sun Support (800-USA-4SUN) to call me back, I thought
I'd try a more reliable source for problem resolution.

The OS 4 "System & Network Administration" manual, part # 800-1733-10,
revision A of 9 May 1988, discusses "setting up the Mail Routing System"
beginning on page 375.   On the bottom of page 377, it describes modifying
the sendmail.cf file.  It says to look for lines that look like

	# local domain names
		DDsun
		CDsun

and change them to our domain name.  My problem is, there are no lines
that look anything like that in /usr/lib/sendmail.main.cf.  The SCCS id
line in that file is

#       @(#)main.mc 1.15 88/02/08 SMI

Am I missing something?  Do I somehow have the wrong version of either the
file or the documentation?

For what it's worth, we are currently running with the sendmail.cf that we
used in OS 3.3, and it seems to work fine.

A related question:  I've seen several messages in sun-spots about patches
to "sendmail 5.61", or some such.  Does this have anything to do with the
version of sendmail that I get with Sun OS 4?  If I'm not supposed to be
running the sendmail that came with OS 4, where do I get whatever I should
be running?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Jay                       domain: shj at ultra.com
Ultra Network Technologies	Internet: ultra!shj at ames.arc.nasa.gov
101 Daggett Drive               uucp: ...ames!ultra!shj
San Jose, CA 95134
408-922-0100